Notify
Tools

Conibear 330
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted
Hello everybody!
I have a question. Do you use wax on conibeartraps after dyeing?
Thanks Smiler

Posts: 49 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no, I never did

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Never wax a bodygrip trap.
Best to dip or paint bodygrips. I like KBL dip but rustolium works just about as as well and is easier to get.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of swenative
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks Smiler

Posts: 49 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 14 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
not if you plan on keeping your digits. I dont do anything to mine. I just give them a good drying when they come out of the water.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago when I trapped beaver I used wax on all of my traps, including the 330 Conibears.
I used masking tape on the area where I didn't want to get any wax before I put them in the wax, and then took the tape off later. No problems whatsoever, and the traps were well protected against rust. If you do this you have to make sure you put the tape on both the jaw and the dog before you wax the trap.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote