Tools

Things that make you go hum....
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Look what I got in a DP trap!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
Ugly little creature's aren't they!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grinners, Skunks, and Crats have all fell to the DP's on my line. Of course coon is the norm but you'll catch trash too. Very handy trap to have at your disposal.

**************************The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.

Posts: 282 | Location: South West Wisconsin | Registered: 27 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wistrapper:
Grinners, Skunks, and Crats have all fell to the DP's on my line. Of course coon is the norm but you'll catch trash too. Very handy trap to have at your disposal.

X2 Also grey fox once in a great while

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Ah, good to know even a fox may be trapped. I so hate them.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I got a flying squirrel in mine last night. That thing really must have liked molasses soaked marshmallows. I did my due diligence and called it in. I talked to the warded, who thought it just had to be a rat or a small grey squirrel. He had never heard of a flying squirrel caught in a DP trap. Thankfully, the animal didnt go to waste. I handed it into Beaver Creek Reserve and they are using it as owl food.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1086 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote