Find
Notify
Tools

Trapper virgin no more
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted
I think I'm hooked and I know I'll be ordering a few more traps.

Honeybait and honey under the log the cubby was placed on. I believe there has been another one there after this one got caught. Someone has licked the honey off the trap and got the tounge stuck (frozen) so it started bleeding.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, it looks great

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice work. What other furbears can you trap in Norway?

Posts: 1286 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 900 SS
posted Hide Post
Stoat, mink, beaver, fox and maybe a few more small predators. Only instantly killing traps are legal.

We also have licensehunts for bear, wolverine and lynx. The later years I have had license for bear and wolverine hoping to get a bear standing for my dog or catching a wolverine at some leftovers during mooseseason, but so far no luck.

I'll go after marten and mink with traps and baiting and calling fox since they are most bothersome to smallgame and fish. I intended to make nice and warm headgear from martens but now someone said I could get over the equivalent of 100 usd per fur.

Posts: 408 | Location: Bardu, Norway | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! But don't show this to your fellow Norwegian member here "Goldeneye".......he/she may weep because the instantaneous death from your trap was "cruel". Roll Eyes

Nice job.....I'm a very green trapper myself and look forward to what you experienced soon.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Excellent! But don't show this to your fellow Norwegian member here "Goldeneye".......he/she may weep because the instantaneous death from your trap was "cruel". Roll Eyes

Tell me about it. horse

Nice trapping !!

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice marten.
i'll be starting trapping myself soon, mostly mink and marten.

just have to get some conibear 120's and haugen traps.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Great job!

Nice set, nice fur, everything is great.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote