THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Hornady 44 Mag 225gr. FTX on wild pig.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady 44 Mag 225gr. FTX on wild pig.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I shot a wild pig with the new Leverevolution ammo with my Winchester 44 Magnum Trapper.

He was slightly quartering toward me at 39 yards, the bullet struck him in the right shoulder and exited behind the left shoulder.

On impact he went right down, it appeared as if he was knocked over on his left side.

He gave a holler, kicked for a couple seconds and that was it.

I have shot a lot of pigs and was impressed with the results.

On gutting the pig there was a lot of damage to the lungs. The bullet had impacted above the heart, which was undamaged.

When skinning I found the red Flex-Tip on the entrance side between the ribcage and the boars protective shield.

I found the bullet jacket on the exit side trapped in the boars shield.
The exit wound being caused by the lead core.

Apparently the core and jacked seperated somewhere inside the chest cavity as there was lung material and rib meat in the bottom of the bullets jacket.

The bullet broke a rib on the way in, and on the way out.

I have not done any serious accuracy testing yet, I just fired 2 rounds at 50 yards and they were about an inch appart an inch above where the 270 Speers that I have the rifle sighted in for.

This rifle has a peep sight.

My niece killed a smaller pig with this rifle a few years ago at around 20 yards or so, with a Winchester 250gr Nosler Partition. It was also a bang flop.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote