THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    WTB - Older Redfield or Lyman Receiver Sight for Win Model 94
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB - Older Redfield or Lyman Receiver Sight for Win Model 94
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As a result of my dad's passing this summer, I've inherited a 1950s Model 94 Winchester, which I'd like to use to hunt with this year. Dad had put a side-mounted scope on the rifle, which I'd like to remove and replace with either a Redfield or Lyman receiver sight. I'm looking for an older one, not the currently manufactured Lyman. I'd take either the target knobs or the screwhead knobs on the adjustment. A bit of wear is o.k. as long as the adjustments are crisp and repeatable. The rifle was carried in the woods for almost 50 years and is not pristine by any means.

I'm not sure about model numbers, but I don't want the Redfield where the windage was drift adjustable (Model 102?) instead of click adjustable (Model 70?).

And, to make this even harder, I'd really like to find a correct sourdough front sight to replace the bead.

You can PM me or e-mail me at notdisclosed723 at hotmail dot com. Make the usual substitutions and close up the spaces.

Thanks very much.

posted Hide Post
For what you are looking for you should talk to Ken Bean, the sightman, 717-755-9070.
Good luck, Dean

Posts: 4 | Location: York CO PA | Registered: 25 September 2009Reply With Quote