New
Find
Notify
Tools

savage 99
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to know if there are any good books on the savage model 99. I just purchased a 99 in a 284 and would like to know more about this lever rifle

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Savage 99 by Doug Murray has a lot of information on the various models, etc.

McPhersons book Accurizing the Factory rifle has a lot of information on tuning the 99.

I have two 99's in 284. One is currently being built into a switch barrel 284 and 338/284 improved by Mic McPherson.

Which model is yours? The 284s are pretty rare but they are great hunting guns. Sometimes require a little tuning but can be very accurate.

Posts: 251 | Location: Newport, WA | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My model 99 is the letter F

Picture of Violator22
posted Hide Post
284 in the F is extrememly rare. Can I get the serial umber with the last 2 digits x'd out, I am running a tally on the cal's by serial number. Thanks. Les

Don't hold you farts, they travel up your spine to your brain and thats where crappy ideas come from!

Posts: 24 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 21 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sent PM

Picture of Violator22
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bluemule, got, and i appreciate it. Les

Don't hold you farts, they travel up your spine to your brain and thats where crappy ideas come from!

Posts: 24 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 21 July 2005Reply With Quote