Find
Notify
Tools

BLR takedown in .300 Win mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello All,

I'm thinking about one these to make traveling by plane a bit easier / less conspicuous. I have an earlier BLR in 7mm-08 that I really like. The gun shoots great for a lever. I just want a little more punch when I touch a shot off.

Does anyone have any experience, pro or con, with this set-up. Any info greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Longfeather

Posts: 63 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 11 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't have the 300. But I have a 358 win in a takedown. Very easy takedown and assembly a joy to clean. Returns to point of aim every time. To top it off the gun shoots way better groups than my non takedown version also in 358. I bought it simply because the standard one was such a bitch to clean. Pleasantly surprised that I found no negatives with the takedown platform.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Longfeather,

I too have a takedown BLR in 358...Mike&mm hit it right on the money.

Cleaning is a breeze...returns to point of aim.

Very happy with mone. Would recommend a trigger job if you can find a smith that is comfortable doing it...makes a big difference in shootability and my accuracy went up substantially.

Good luck.

Posts: 228 | Location: Huson Montana | Registered: 31 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Handle before you buy. The long actions swing and balance like an 8' 2x6 for me. Think about the the short action .300 WSM.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote