New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is a SERIOUS question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Okay, I need honest opinions on this one.

Should I risk divorce, more likely years of physical and mental anquish though as my wife is NOT merciful , and get a M1886 Winchester in 50-110?

What say you?

Thanks,
ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which is easier to find
a M1886 Winchester in 50-110
or
a single lady

??
easy decision

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RLI
posted Hide Post
I would not think twice get the Winchester 1886 50-110 as these are rare as for your wife who will not accept this new addition to your family just divorce her quick as you can and this will give you more shooting time.
RLI

Posts: 276 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 24 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My lovely wife has never caught me sneeking a new firearm into the safe.
Fortunately for me all guns look the same to her

Posts: 906 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of wives pass through my bed with a fair number of bed warmers and semen recepticals before and after the wives. Most every gun I've bought I still have in the gun safe.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Which is easier to find
a M1886 Winchester in 50-110
or
a single lady"

Now that's the correct application of logic!
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I use to bring a new rifle or shotgun home and show it to my wife and then take a ass eatn'. It took me thirty years to figure out I needed to keep my mouth shut if we were gonna get along. Now days I just bring 'em home and put in the safe and nobodies the wiser. Lord knows I love her dearly and wouldn't know what to do without her, but I shure love my guns

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, by the way, buy the '86, I own two and wouldn't 'em for kin.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen. As luck would have it, the wife read this thread last night! I think she is doing searches on my handle to see what I have been posting. Needless to say, she was happy happy!

I think I will now HAVE to procure a M1886 50-110 and make sure she knows ALL about it!

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Thanks gentlemen. As luck would have it, the wife read this thread last night! I think she is doing searches on my handle to see what I have been posting. Needless to say, she was happy happy!

ASS_CLOWN

I thought you and your wife were the same person. At least that's what the psychiatrist said.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought you just bought one...and then got rid of it?

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
[quote
I thought you and your wife were the same person. At least that's what the psychiatrist said.

Wondering aloud, which part is the wife, the ass, or the clown.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wives come and go, but a winchester 1886 in 50/110 lasts forever!

cheers and good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Serious perspective:

A woman of 50 something years of age was at home happily jumping on her bed
>& squealing with delight.
>Her husband watches her for a minute then asks,
>
>"Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look?"
>
>The woman continues to bounce on the bed and says, "I don't care,
>
>I just came from having a mammogram and the doctor says I have the breasts
>of an 18 year-old."
>
>The husband said, "What did he say about your 55 year old ass?"
>
>She replied "Your name never came up."

Why are some of them so unrealistic? ditch the wench, you only live once.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pecos,

That was a 45-90 on a Pedersoli Sharps action.

I will start seriously lookin' for a M1886 in 50-110 I am a thinking. Maybe will a little luck I will find a nice one that isn't too aweful expensive.

Westernhunter,

Depends on who you are asking!

ASS_CLOWN

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Shhhh, This is a BIG Secret.

Before you get it, TELL her you got it. If she explodes and files for divorce tell her you were just joking. If she explodes and gets over it, go buy the gun. If she says "Well you've been working hard and you deserve it", you're probably not married to my Ex!

It was motorcycles in my case

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Gerald,

I thought the PH said "Because they don't make a 700 NE!"

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Category: Savage Rifles
Model: Savage 99 take down Seller
Price: $450.00
250-3000 overall good condition, with dark bore but strong rifling
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976462415.htm

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When asked why he used a 600 nitro express he said
Becouse thay don't make a bloody 700 nitro express

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another 250-3000

.250-3000 with checkered trigger, take down rifle still nice and tight.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976478537.htm

Or try this link

http://www.gunsamerica.com/search.cgi

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark:

When I heard that joke we never heard of Weatherby! BTW, since I'm in a snotty mood, I think everyone would have been better off never to have heard of Weatherby!

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin:

I hope I didn't mislead you. I was making a joke about the Savage 99. I really don't hunt any more. Thanks anyway for the pointer. ( I do have to say that I never liked the few take down 99s that I saw. I don't mean to start an argument. It's just a feeling that a takedown lacks real solidity as a rifle. Heck! I don't like Blaser- and they cost about three times more than a Savage!

Posts: 649 | Location: NY | Registered: 15 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Mark:

When I heard that joke we never heard of Weatherby! BTW, since I'm in a snotty mood, I think everyone would have been better off never to have heard of Weatherby!

What's a Weatherby? Seriously, my sentiments exactly. Ugly overpriced gun, overpriced ammo, and I'm not so sure that they are that much better than a plain old .300 Win. mag.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote