THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    FS Rare Browning 1886 High Grade Forest Service Carbine 45/70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS Rare Browning 1886 High Grade Forest Service Carbine 45/70
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Well,I wanted to convert it to 50/110 ,but I think I will build a 550 Magnum instead,so I will let this one go.It is NIB! They only made 2000 of these almost 20 years ago.They also made the more popular regular and high grade models(alot more of them) in rifle and carbine...But,The Forest Service is the rarer of the lot.It has the coined silver receiver that is engraved and has gold inlays on both sides,plus it has great wood!These are of better quality than the Winchester versions,plus the Browning are smmother and dont have that tang safety! Dave Clay,Ralph Turnbull and others can easily make this a real BIG Bore(50 Alaskan or 50/110)These also are much stronger than the Marlins if you want to "crank up the power"!!I will take $2000 shipped,Or best offer....Daqridude@aol.com

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
great rifle! I would love to have one-- but I just bought one of the 86 takedowns.

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote