THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Taurus 63 lever action in 32 HR mag
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taurus 63 lever action in 32 HR mag
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Are any of these out yet, or has anyone seen one up close?

They look kinda cool, and I suspect the 32 can be loaded down to 22 LR sound levels so might make a fun camp rifle/plinker.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one, but that is great news!!

I keep looking at the marlin 32 H&R mag and they are a little pricy for a plinker...at least for me. Any idea what they will sell for when available?

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Oops sorry got the model # wrong, it is M32C

MSRP of $327. What is also cool is that it is a takedown, it is a modification of the slide action and you know how they have that big screw on the left side of the receiver so it separates into 2 halves. Unfortunately even the Taurus website does not have a pic yet.
Just found this ad:

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/customerpages/details...=17399&CustNum=95652

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard they were supose to make a pump 32 mag also.There is a market for 32 mag rifles.They make awesome little varmit rifles and its very cheap to reload.I might have to try this lever action 32 when they come out.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Before you spend that money why not go to a gun show and find out the trade value or buy value to a vendor on a Taurus.....

If your gonna spend 3-C notes on any rifle you ought to be bright enuff to consider selling it for more than what you paid for it down the road.

And it won't be much of a concern if you buy WELL...

After nearly 40 years I've never seen a Taurus or whatever re-sell for more than penny's on the dollar....

Many vendors won't even consider accepting these brands in trade...unless then can get them for a nickle...they have as much value as a Rem throw-a-way model 710...

Posts: 1820 | Location: USA, Omaha, Nebr | Registered: 16 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beltloop,

You are supposed to buy guns....NOT sell them!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old thread, but I thought I'd note my love for this great little cartridge.
The SW long goes back quite a way in my family's target competition history. The HR Mag is capable of such great accuracy, and it's so very versatile.

Last year for our anniversary I got my wife a high polish stainless Ruger Baby Vaquero in 32 H&R Mag with white simulated ivory gripstocks, 4-5/8" barrel.
She likes 'the shiny silver ones with the pretty white grips'
Year before was a cased Colt Pat Garret commemorative, same barrel length, colt's mother of toilet seat grips, in 22 rimfire.
Her autoloader from the previous year has similar finish standards. She's kind of cute that way.

Anyway, to address the 'load it down to reeeal quiet plinking level' comment above, I run #0 single buckshot roundball over small pistol primers and a pinch of 700x
I don't have the actual load handy, but as I recall it, it's in the neighborhood of a grain and a half to two grains powder.
I just push the roundball into 32 S&W brass and pink away, dirt cheap load and ultra quiet too - I use it in the attic as a parlour gun.

I'm sure a similarly quiet roundball load can be worked up for the little lever guns too.

quote:
...I suspect the 32 can be loaded down to 22 LR sound levels so might make a fun camp rifle/plinker.

--Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote