New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope for .375 Ruger BLR ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I could use some help w/this one...I can't decide b/t a 1-6 vs. 2-10. Rifle will be plainsgame mostly, elk/moose , maybe a cape buffalo, I'd like a larger bell for dusk/dawn. Will be shared w/my wife, who gets "scoped" too easily (Try walking through an airport w/a pretty gal w/ a black eye; if looks could kill...) But I'm not a scout-scope guy, I do want a receiver mount...I know I need long eye relief...I'll consider all scopes, incl. $$ euro-optics... Thanks!

one of us
Picture of MADDOG
posted Hide Post
Where do I get a BLR in 375 Ruger?

Joshua 24:15
www.teamfaithfull.net /
My granddaughter
"Multitudes loose the sight of that which is, by setting their eyes on that which is not".

Posts: 1899 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 03 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
My choice would be a Leupold 1.75x6 variable. Good eye relief, plenty of magnification at the high end and great field of view at the low end, reasonably bright in low light, and a decent weight.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3821 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LnB-thanks. Mad Dog--its a custom rebarrel job...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you give a few details about your BLR, who did the work, is it a steel or alloy receiver, and just how its working out. Thanks, Lynn

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Lynn,

The gun is being assembled as I write. My gunsmith asked me to not advertise him until its done & he's happy w/it, although he's rebarreled BLRs and BARs before & they were A-OK. He's picky & thats 1 of the many reasons I like him...When he greenlights it, pics & details to follow. The gun started as a stainless/composite takedown .300 Win Mag.