Find
Notify
Tools

New stock for 1985GS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
I have a Marlin 1896GS 45/70. Does anyone know where I might get it restocked with some really nice wood?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Treebone Carving.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Treebone looks good but I want to find someone that I can send the gun to and they do all the fitting but it might be an option.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might give Wenig's a call. Quite famous for high grade shotgun stocks, Olympic shooters use them. Don't know if they do lever guns or not, but have used them for shotguns and they are first class.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote