Henry BLR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No where near as nice as a BLR.Even with a bad trigger(Easy fix)Every BLR I have owned shot crazy accurate.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Have to agree
Every BLR I ever shot was a tack driver-
Loved my Finnwolfs as well

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never owned a 308 BLR, but I have owned 2 30-06's, a first generation lightning and a new take down, both with pistol grips. Sold both to pay for other projects (I know it's a disease). I do like the looks of this gun, especially the reciever, alot cleaner around the magazine. The 30-06 had sharp corners on the bottom front of the magazines, and was uncomfortable when holding around the receiver. I am hoping they eventually offer a 30-06 in true 30-06 length action, not on the magnum length action like browning does, makes for unnecessary OAL. It already has me thinking about future projects (9.3 maybe?).

By the way I held one of their 45-70's this past weekend that was hard chromed. The fit and finish were excellent, much better than what is coming out of Marlin/Remington these days. The only thing I do not like, I cannot get past not having a loading gate and having to load from the tube.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
First opportunity to shoot one of the Henry lever guns in 45/70 yesterday and have had '86 Brownings in past in same caliber and would say the fit and finish of the Henry was outstanding.
Don't care for the "brass" receiver, but suppose you could get used to it over time.
Off hand at 100yds. just open sights not hard to keep them in the black with variety of ammunition. Octagon barrel, high polish blue finish and better than average walnut stocks, certainly appears to be a high quality rifle.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Henry offers a fine product. The only rifle I want in their product line is the 1866 with a steel receiver. This new rifle, looks great, very nice lines for a leveler action.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be very easy to please, just offer it in 358 Winchester...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing if they do not offer it in a 30-06 action. I have been missing my Savage 99 358 I sold a few years back. Maybe rebore or rebarrel the 308, add NECG sights and call it good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That rifle would not hold a candle to my 1971 BLR in .308. Not even close. I highly doubt it would outshoot it either! The Belgium BLR's are scary accurate, nice clean lines, great open sights, spectacular/dark rich blue and a very appealing satin finished nice grained walnut. The total package so to speak.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post