New
Find
Notify
Tools

peep site for browning 71
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for suggestions on a peep site for my brownig 71?

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 478 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Dave: XS has a base that mounts on the top of the receiver and bridges the bolt on the 71 and 86. You'll have to drill and tap the receiver just behind the locking bolts, but it's a relatively straightforward job--looks good and functions well.

Dave Manson

Posts: 697 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lyman 66 designed for the 1886. Works great.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
the 3rd option is a williams foolproof!

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+++1 for the Williams. Blends well with the rifles appearance and very durable to boot.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a company that offers a true bolt peep sight for the 87/71 I do not have its name off the top of my head but will work at getting it or call the shop and we can get it to you. 585-657-6338

I tend to use more than enough gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,
Do you folks install them?? I will call Monday and make contact with maker.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DManson:
Hello Dave: XS has a base that mounts on the top of the receiver and bridges the bolt on the 71 and 86. You'll have to drill and tap the receiver just behind the locking bolts, but it's a relatively straightforward job--looks good and functions well.

Dave Manson

This is pretty close to what DManson is talking about, we had to build up a higher bridge because I use NECG front barrel bands.

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote