THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    .219 Zipper Marlin 336 range results
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.219 Zipper Marlin 336 range results
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted
Got my .219 Zipper dies and brass and hurredly loaded 12 rounds and headed to the range Tuesday, 12-09-14.
Got sighted in at 25 yards, then went to 100 yards. 40 degrees, no wind. All with reformed R-P brass and WLR primers. I single load, hence to long OAL.
25 gr IMR 4064/55 gr FMJ(military pulls, mostly for sighting in)/2.46" OAL. 3 @ .75", pulled the fourth to 1".
28 gr IMR4064/52 gr Sierra HPBT/2.41" OAL. 3 @ 5/8".
Very happy with the results. Trigger quite nice. I balanced the bottom of the receiver on my rest, which kept pressure off the foreend.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to hear. I shot my Marlin Zipper yesterday. Mine is as accurate as yours. I never understood what gun writers complained about with that combination. 55 gr. bullets at 3200 fps and 5 shot 1" groups @ 100 yards. But I guess I'm biased because i like lever guns.

Posts: 130 | Location: mo | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
You know, I am embarking on a Marlin project and have been combing the usual suspects for a donor rifle, and noticed a couple of these in .219 Zipper for sale. Was wondering what they were capable of. WOW!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
There is a Marlin 336 .219 Zipper at auction on Proxibid. I believe the auction ends tomorrow, 12-22-2014. It was at $800 last I looked. There is also a Marlin 336 in .356 Win and one in .375 Win. Very tempting on both.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote