THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Buying Rifle Barrel From Canada??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying Rifle Barrel From Canada??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Arrived in 6 days. No Problems.
Jim

Are there any import issues with buying a rifle barrel (no rifle action) from Canada and having it shipped to me in the USA?
Thanks!
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Are you sure it's a rifle barrel? Put a bicycle handle on one end and call it a pump handle..

I'm not certain, but I think as long as it isn't or wasn't military, there shouldn't be an issue. the action is the registerable part in both countries if I'm not mistaken.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron Smith gain twist cut rifled barrel...?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Ron Smith gain twist cut rifled barrel...?

I expect Ron will cut whatever you want, even did some stainless rebar barrels, which shot surprisingly well.

http://benchrest.com/showthrea...p?82155-Rebar-barrel

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron is one of the best...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Winchester 1886 take down barrel assembly.

Arrived in 6 days, No Problems!
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote