New
Find
Notify
Tools

45-70 BLR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know why there is no 45-70BLR?? I would buy one in a second.

I assume an arrangement with Hornady that procludes offering a 45-70 to compete with the 450Marlin. Just a guess though. IMHO it doesn not make sense.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marlin is so deeply entrenched in the market, that it would be a tough row to hoe. That and it might be too "fat" to fit.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the BLR rifle, have two of them, and had the same thought and spoke to Browning about it and answer was due to rimmed case, not something they wanted to become involved?? I have even come close to buying one in 450 Marlin, but don't see much future for that round and if the 45/70 was in the BLR, no problems loading it up a bit. Can't have everything.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Marlin is so deeply entrenched in the market, that it would be a tough row to hoe. That and it might be too "fat" to fit.

Rich

I haven't taken a micrometer to the case but my Wilson trimmer case holder in 45-70 won't fit the 450 thru. Leads me th thinks the 450 is a tad bigger.

I had always thought them the same diameter and believed the 45-70/450Marlin would use the same gage. I was wrong!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They could certainly introduce a new (and useful in the real world)cartridge in them, like a 2.25" 358 or 9,3 or 375 SAUM.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Z.
posted Hide Post
Browning did make a 1886 Win. in .45-70. They are still out there.

coffee

*we band of 45-70ers*
Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses!

Malon Labe!

Posts: 235 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 16 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning won't do a BLR .45-70 because there are too many problems trying to get a rimmed case to feed from the BLR box magazine. That is why you will only get the belted .450 Marlin.

Posts: 231 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackhawk44:
Browning won't do a BLR .45-70 because there are too many problems trying to get a rimmed case to feed from the BLR box magazine. That is why you will only get the belted .450 Marlin.

Exactly.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote