THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Anyone here hunt Africa with an 1895 Winchester?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone here hunt Africa with an 1895 Winchester?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted
The .405 winchester chambering comes to mind, but I know that the '95 was chambered in alot of other good chamberings suitable for game.

What did you use? Any stories you want to share?

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used a 95 in .405 that belongs to my pal in Namibia. he's a captain in the police dept, and the firearms licensing officer for the district. he turns up with some neat stuff people want to sell rather then re-lisence. This was a .405 that went through england first, with the nitro proofs, cordite load ect stamped on the barrel. I used it the last time I went for a visit/hunting. It was as good as anything else I've used on warthogs, kudu ect.

Posts: 941 | Location: VT | Registered: 17 May 2001Reply With Quote