New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 30GA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
About a year ago I purchased a Marlin 30GA 30-30. It is a "Great American Game Series" rifle with a gold trigger and an emblem of a moose in the stock and it is factory drilled-and-tapped. I know is was produced in a custom run for a company that seems to have slipped my mind. It isn't in great shape because the gal I bought if from won it in a divorce settlement and didn't take care of it.

Does anybody know if any others are in existance? and their potential value.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I managed to find out from the internet that the GA30 was created for a Chicago company called Cotter & Company. Marlin produced them back in 1992. Some say there are 1500 in existence and the medallion in the stock varies from foxes to deer to moose. The value is anywhere from $200 to 350 in good condition which is about $75 more than what I paid for it.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote