New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 1892 configurations?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has Winchester 1892 basis action, or any currently manufactured reproduction, taken the configuration of a 24-26 inch barrel (octagonal or half-octagon) and pistol grip or half-pistol grip?

I ask because Winchester 1873s and 94s - and modern reproductions - have a bazillion factory configurations. Yet what I've noticed among modern reproductions is always straight grip, curved butt plate, and 20- or 24-inch round barrels.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good morning, I have a Winchester branded reproduction in .32/20 which has 24 inch octaganal barrel and pistol grip. This is also a takedown model. It really hangs well from the shoulder for off hand fun at steel plates.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post

Winchester 92 takedown deluxe, 24 inch octagon barrel and case finish in 44-40 by Turnbull Restoration. You can get what you want, just have to be ready to pay for it.

Posts: 5708 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can get what you want, just have to be ready to pay for it.

Mine is a circa 1907 1892 .357 magnum with 20 inch Douglas barrel and Bishop stocks- just that I wanted:

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote