THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Whose going to get a 1895 .475 Linebauge ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Whose going to get a 1895 .475 Linebauge ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I must take exception to most of the replies - I think Marlin has made a good choice. While I agree that the 475 GNR (a blown out 45-70) would be a better performer, it is a mute point because no one is producing it, and no company is going to build rifles for non-existent cartridges. So its the 475 Linebaugh or nothing. Of course, as many have noted, converting it to the 475 GNR would be very simple for us reloaders.

Secondly, I think you will find not much difference in an 18-1/2" barrel between the 45-70 and the 475. The 45-70 is still ahead, but you will need to handload to come out on top (exception for Buffalo Bore and some other smaller amoo producers). For someone who has a 480 or 475 handgun, the 475 Marlin might be a better choice.

Posts: 57 | Location: Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote