THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Turnbull Fastfire mount for M86.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turnbull Fastfire mount for M86.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone who ordered the Fastfire M86 mount from Turnbull Restorations received their's yet?

Posts: 34 | Location: Two Rivers Alaska | Registered: 30 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a 1886 in .475 TB and ordered the mount with it. Have not put it on but will at a later date.

"This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok. "

Posts: 54 | Location: Brandon, Ms. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The good folks at Turnbull shipped my Fastfire ll mount just the other day.... I'm stoked about using my '86 EL with the Fastfire for my annual Spring bear hunt.

Posts: 34 | Location: Two Rivers Alaska | Registered: 30 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Unless Fish & Game has changed the regulations, I was under the impression that electronic sights, including those like the Fastfire were illegal to hunt with in Alaska.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
i have talked with a number of F&G Troopers and everyone has said that the law only applies to sights that project a beam - like Crimson Trace lasers - or flashlights, and those that artificially illuminate targets like starlight scopes.
Red dot sights and illuminated reticles on regular scopes are not illegal.
The Fastfire sights are fantastic on AR's for aerial wolf hunting and should be just a great on regular rifles as well.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4203 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The FastFire ll sight is a red dot sight, not a laser sight. A red dot is projected on a lens as a as in a scope with an illuminated reticle. As per the F&G regs.... prohibited are

• "Using a pit, fire, laser sight, electronically-enhanced night vision scope, radio communication, cellular or satellite telephone, artificial salt lick, explosive, expanding gas arrow, bomb, smoke, or chemical", etc.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the clarification. I have wanted to mount either a Fastfire-type sight or one of the new Aimpoint mini sights on my .35 Whelen 95 Lever action for hunting up there.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Turnbull Fastfire ll mount for the 1886 showed up today. Took about 15 minutes to install. I'm impressed. Next, have to sight it in and do some plinking.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sighted-in and shot balloons with the new sight rig. Much faster than a peep sight and that's not slow. Lots of fun.