Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Model 1895 in 405?
 Login/Join

posted
I just bought one used for $895. This included 100 rounds of new brass, 100 Hornady bullets and Hornady 3/set dies. I thought it was a great deal. Shot it saturaday at range. Shoots great!! Will be my bear gun this next fall in Canada.

Posts: 41 | Location: South-central Ohio ,USA | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow that was a good buy. The loading supplies alone are worth over $100. How are the origional sites ? I think I saw some one post that Lyman is making a reproduction site for them. Model 21 ??

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
A reproduction of the original Lyman sight is available through Buffalo Arms. The repro is kind of spendy, but is supposed to be very well made. Installation requires drilling and tapping the receiver.

Dave

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well I found one without the case color in mint condition for $650. I am assuming this would be a pretty good buy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am assuming you are going to buy it if not, I WILL. Damned right, if you can get one for that money, you had better grab it and quick.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$650 is a real bargain. I bet that ones LOOOOONG gone. Typically grade 1's are around 1k. I've seen the case colored ones ( new ) as high as $1400 but average $1200 give or take. FWIW the blued models are a heckuva lot nicer IMO than the cheesy chemical case coloring. I like the Brownings better without the safety but they didn't come in 405.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote