Find
Notify
Tools

Win Big Bore 375 price?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted
Hi all, a local store has a Win Big Bore 375 win on the used rack. The wood looks real nice and is probably about 90%. The metal has discolored splotches of thining blueing all over it. What might be a fair price for one in this condition. I've kind of always wanted a 375 win.
TIA.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Price guess is just a guess.
In the past I have seen these in 90-99 per cent sell from a low of $375 to $500(new in box).

While your wood might be nice, Win's Bluing is quite nice and sounds like the original owner may have been a blithering idiot when it came to TLC for this rifle.

That being said with the Bluing questionable and no pictures and no posted asking price by seller...it sounds to me -me only- seller should give you a big 'Frnh' kiss if he sell's it for $300-$325 FRIGG'N TAX INCLUDED.

If you buy it, sounds to me you'll spend another a chunk to have the metal finish restored by Winchester.

Now there is one aspect which is not usually mentioned: is the rifle side eject or Angle Eject. AE will appear on the side of the barrel near the caliber marking and on top of the receiver it will be drilled and tap'd for scope mounting.

Let me know if rifle is AE...via email.

The 375 caliber is really quite nice, ammo is hard to find and is usually at rip-off prices by sellers.

It should be a good bang around hunting rifle if you can get if for a price near what I mentioned.

If you want a nice one tho, contact me I've got about a dozen rifles in this caliber...and I'll always have a rifle in this caliber cause it is so nice: kilt a Deer at over 200 yards with a Win in 375 lever. In the left hip, slug came to rest under the hide on the right front shoulder.

The Deer dropped like a stone.

Posts: 1820 | Location: USA, Omaha, Nebr | Registered: 16 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
I'd say $300 sounds about right. If it's an AE, then it's a somewhat rare find. But that's always been okay with me, since I think the top-ejects are a superior animal.

The .375 Win. is highly underrated, in my opinion. Here is a link to an article I always like to show folks when the subject of this fine round comes up:

http://www.sixgunner.com/backissues/paco/375win.htm

It's definitely one of those "handloader's" cartridges. If you do get it and need some load recommendations, feel free to drop me a line.

Get it, and good luck.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote