New
Find
Notify
Tools

44 Rossi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Having problem with 44 Rossi the grouping is so bad i dont want to hunt with it.Had a scope fitted and started loading but still bad.I am thinking of getting rid of it.Kan sum one help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nongwe:
Having problem with 44 Rossi the grouping is so bad i dont want to hunt with it.Had a scope fitted and started loading but still bad.I am thinking of getting rid of it.Kan sum one help.

Wow! I just fire the first shots through my Rossi 45LC and was able to manage sub 3" groups @ 50yds with the stock open sites. For me that's pretty darn good. One thing I did notice is that the lighter the bullet the larger the group. My best groups were right under 2" with 405gr Beartooth cast bullets. You might try using heavier weight bullets or switch from jacketed to cast or visa versa.

Posts: 124 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 20 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nongwe:

What distance and what ammo are you shooting?

What size are your groups?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've found my 357 rossi to be fairly sensitive to how it's held. meaning, the more consistant the grip and amount of pressure held against my shoulder ect the better it grouped.