Find
Notify
Tools

35-30 30 improved
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
I have an old 99 Savage take down in 22 hi-power, its a pretty rough old gun, stocks been repaired,etc, so I was thinking of doing a full custom job on it.
Three barrels with matching fore ends;219 zipper improved;6.5 zipper improved and 35-30 30 improved.
My question is....would the .358 in the 30 30 case be too much for the '99 action ??
I only intend to use bullets up to 200gr and pistol bullets for light loads.
The reason I'm using zipper's for the other two barrels is that it keeps the OAL down to be compatible with the rotary mag.
All the cases are improved to get the best performance from the small cases and also to keep the size and shape the same for the magazine follower shape.

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
the rotors are different lengths, that makes any conversion expensive and a hunt for parts.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
The reason I'm using zipper's for the other two barrels is that it keeps the OAL down to be compatible with the rotary mag.
All the cases are improved to get the best performance from the small cases and also to keep the size and shape the same for the magazine follower shape.

Roger[/QUOTE]

All three cases are basically the same except for calibre

Hi-power to the left, zipper imp., 6.5 zip. imp, 35-30 imp.

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with the 35-30 30, but the 99 came chambered in the 308 Win, and the 358 win. I would think that it should handle it fine as for as pressure goes.

Ricky

Posts: 8 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the Hi-Power 99's are a lot different to the later rimless versions.

Roger