Find
Notify
Tools

Henry 22 lever action
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Posted 28 September 2011 22:29
I have been shooting smallbore sillouette and one class is called CLAS (Cowboy Lever Action Silouette). I see that I can buy a Henry for $287.00. Can anyone attest to the accuracy of these rifles. You have to use iron sights and the maximum range is 100 yards and all shots are offhand. If you believe they are accurate enough and/or have personal experience with them, please make any suggestions in regards to a sighting system that you would personally recommend such as Williams, Lyman, etc. and remember cost is a factor. Thanks

Posts: 98 | Location: Eagle, Idaho | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of NRC
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the basic 22lr leveractions a few years ago when you could find them for less than $200 at walmart. They were and still are an unbelievable value.

American made, well finished, solid warranty, and a very smooth out of the box 'feel' when cycling the action.

I did not have a peep on mine - but if were to do it again I would try the Williams peep sight (part # 319728 on midwayusa web site).

Have fun.

Nate

Posts: 52 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spotted and scored for a master class shooter who used a Henry last weekend. He was match winner with a high master class score. Guess they will do.

Posts: 126 | Location: nothern ca | Registered: 29 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I've had two and they both were exceptionally accurate. Fit and finish was great on both. They both had some very beautiful wood also. I'm sure one will serve you fine.

Steve E.........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Henry lever 22's,

all three are reliable and shoot great!

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote