Find
Notify
Tools

New Marlin 450 XTR
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hoeram
posted
I have sold my marlin 450 guide gun to my brother so I can purchase a new XTR in 450 when they release them later this year. Why? well I would rather have the S/S and 24 in. barrel. My guide gun was a ported model and I really liked it but I like the XTR looks and feel more and I like 22 plus in. barrels. I went with the 450 because I'm already tooled up for loading it and did'nt want to spent the cash to go 45-70 a there was no point to it. What Do you think of the new XTR, the 30-30 I played with 2 weeks ago was very nice.

Hoeram Big Grin

NRA Benefactor Member
USAF Ret.

Posts: 166 | Location: Fruitland , WA. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Neverflinch
posted Hide Post
I think it's a great idea, but I always think Hornady has good ideas. And before anybody says it's Marlins rifle, I'd be willing to bet it was Hornady who first came to them with the idea based on their levevolution ammo concept.I think the new levevolution (sp) ammo or why ever it's called is just a bunch of hype. Take any bullet, lower the weight, put a ballistic tip on it, and shoot it out of a longer barrel and you get better ballistics. Nothing new here. But it seems Hornady is always trying to push the envelope with new cartrige designs. Despite what alot of people think, I think that's a good thing. Smiler

"In case of a thunderstorm stand in the middle of the fairway and hold up a 1 iron, not even God can hit a 1 iron"............Lee Trevino.

Posts: 434 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: 13 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't need it, but I want one too!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote