Find
Notify
Tools

Rossi,480 Ruger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted
Anybody shooting one of these? I just grabbed one NIB off Gunbroker,just could not help myself lol!

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one that was reworked by Steve Young (Steve's Gunz). Have not shot it much yet. He did his action work, trigger job, put the sights, rebedded the wood, and removed the bolt safety. I highly recommend his work. I had limbsaver add one of their grind to fit recoil pads. "MULELOOPS Custom Levers" over on the marlinowners.com forum reshaped the lever. The last thing I need to do is send it to robar for their roguard treatment (all that stainless is a little to shiny). The rifle was OK to begin with, it is much, much, better now.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That is a nice rig for sure tu2

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good.How much money did you have to put in it after the cost of the gun?

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want to say, and this is from memory (which seems to get worse the older I get), around $700.00 for everything. The action is so smooth and easy you can cycle the lever with one finger. The trigger is light, clean and crisp. Loading through the gate is so easy a 2 year old can do it (no sore fingers or thumbs). The recoil pad is cushy and gives me a longer LOP. The lever is just large enough to allow my pinky to pretty much just hang since I do not use it to hold the stock.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I am wondering,since I have never hunted with a hand gun round before,what game can you take with the 480 Ruger?

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two, one blue that is superbly accurate that I use for black bear hunting and a NIB SS that is at Reeders shop getting the side plates vapor honed and a bit of engraving done on each plate. Deer and hogs. You can shoot anything up to grizzly bears and even larger animals with the 480 Ruger, rifle or handgun. I have both. The blue one I have will shoot 3 shots touching at 50 yards with factory 325 Hornady XTP's with the open sights. I don't need anything better than that for bear in eastern Pa. It is also very smooth w/o any additional smith work done. They are not very common either, especially in SS. I don't remember what I paid for the blue one and paid 750.00 for the SS one NIB. Nice rifle with big power for a very reasonable price.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I want one of those, by the time I realized I did they were discontinued and prices had jumped up considerably.

Steve........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote