THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    ? Marlin 480ruger/475linebaugh lever gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

? Marlin 480ruger/475linebaugh lever gun?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone seen one of these and if so, what did you like / dislike about this rifle? Thanks - KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Currently the word out is that Marlin keeps pushing back the release date of the 1895RL in .480 Ruger/.475 Linebaugh. Don't think anybody has even laid eyes on one yet.

Posts: 47 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: 23 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Kent,

Aren't they using the 45-70 sized action for it? Seems to me that it defeats the purpose of having a relatively svelt gun for the round. Still, performance should be pretty good. Based on my revolvers performance, I'd expect a 20" rifle barrel to be capable of 400 gr @ 1600 fps.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul - I'm not sure which action they propose to use but I hope it is on the same scale as the recently released Rossi in 454 Casull - light and short barrel (16", I think) - would be a good reason to buy a FA in 475 dontcha think?

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Since Marlin is SAAMI,I wonder if there having a problem getting the .475 proofed for SAAMI with load data in Hodgdons going to 55,000 PSI?...25 to 50% over that is pushing the 1895 action.

Don't know but am interested....

Jayco

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Kent,

That is what I was hoping as well. That said, I'd say get a 480 From the 475's I've shot, I find that I can't handle that level of recoil, the 480 launching a 400 gr @ 1200 fps is at my recoil level. I would love to get a Freedom mdl 83 w/ 6" octagon barrel in 480 though

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote