New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry 30-30
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone got a (new) Henry 30-30? They appear to be a new line - one blue reciever, the other version brass reciever and octagonal barrel. The woodwork looks to be nice walnut, and has set me thinking....
Not many Henrys sold in New Zealand, so no experience of them.
Any thoughts?

Posts: 120 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 28 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother has had the brass frame, with octagon barrel ordered for about 3 months now. There aren't any out yet that I know of, but they should be coming out in the actual market in a couple of months give or take. At least thats what my long time dealer tells me.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of it.

If they put one out then they need to advertise more, especially since Winchester stopped producing the Model 94.

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RHK
posted Hide Post
I looked at one in my local gun shop and liked the looks but felt that it was too big framed and heavy. As far as handling, in my opinion it didn't compare to a Win 94 (that I own) or a Marlin 336 (I don't own, but have shot one that my friend owns).

That being said, to each his own, and I'm not here to step on anyones toes; just to offer my opinion...so if you like 'em - get one and enjoy!

"Everybody told me you can't far on $37.00 and and a jap guitar" ~ S.E.

"Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana." ~ M.H.

Wild Bob

Posts: 73 | Location: North East Montana | Registered: 14 October 2008Reply With Quote