Find
Notify
Tools

I think this is an "H"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
Savage 20" carbine 30-30 220k serial 1923?.
Rear sight filler, Lyman peep.

Posts: 6487 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle

one of us
posted Hide Post
It could be one of several models made in 1920 depending on barrel length..that should determine the model, let me know. It is not an "H" for sure..The H began at 1928 to 1941 and was in 22 HI power. 250-3000 and 300 Savage only. The H also had a barrel band.

1920 consists of 1899 fwt 20" barrel;, 1899 saddle gun 22" barrel; dependent of barrel length. but Savage is confusing and all you needed to change something was a letter or phone call...on closer examination with a mag glass it appears the schnable could have been cut off and the stock refinished as its not a factory looking finish, but a well done custom in the wood finish on the butt and probably on the forend, but lighting isn't clear and some wax or whatever is hardened in the checkering it appears, mostly on the forend sooooo. So need the barrel length to help out here.

I sure like that little rifle, its an interesting and dandy piece...Condition is as new and may be a refinish, Checkering is not factory as only deluxe guns were checkered and engraved, but without the gun being in hand hard to say..Wish it were mine I think..Whatever it is its a damn nice gun Eeker

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, do I like that rifle.

I only own 2 "lever" guns. I would like to find one like yours!!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote