New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win. 9422 trigger and tube feed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The Winchester 9422 I have is a good rifle and very fun to shoot. It's like new has not been shot much.
I noticed it's tube feed tends to be too easy to come out of the tube housing.

Can the housing be adjusted for a better fit?

Also the trigger after cocked ready to fire has 0 play and 0 take-up. I expected a small amount of take up.
Is this common with this rifle?

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Probably need to deepen the notch that holds the plunger in the tube..or the catch pin is too short..I can't think of anything else that would cause that. I have seen this in many 22 caliber tube magazine rifles over the years..Some folks ever so slightly bend the catch lip a bit to snug it up..I have not done this but it worked on the ones I have seen.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loiblb:
The Winchester 9422 I have is a good rifle and very fun to shoot. It's like new has not been shot much.

Also the trigger after cocked ready to fire has 0 play and 0 take-up. I expected a small amount of take up.

Those 94 22s have some of the best triggers on a lever gun that I have fired.How you describe is how i like them

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Those problems may not afflict all 9422 rifles.
My 9422 M has had no problems with the mag tube, has the trigger like you describe (which I like) , and is a true MOA riddle at 25, 50, and 100 yards with Federal Target ammo.
Great lever .22.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loiblb:

Normal if the magazine is empty. It bothered me, too, till I searched and discovered there is no spring tension generated at receiver end when the mag is empty.

Tube should stay put when mag is loaded. Mine does, even with just one round in the tube.

A crisp single stage trigger is normal, evidently. Well, mine is just like yours. Am not worried - kinda fond of it.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote