THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Winchester lever 1887 12ga.--reproduction?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester lever 1887 12ga.--reproduction?
 Login/Join

<4biga1>
posted
Would anyone know if there is any companies that make reproduction of the Winchester lever action in 12ga.?What i ned to know how good are the companies product who is making these reproductions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was an Aussie company ADI that was contracted to make them but they never eventuated. Us Aussies where looking forwards to them becuase of the pump & auto bans here thanks to fucked up political leader John Howard

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The Aussie reproductions only had a run of 360. I've actually fired one but because they didn't sell like hot cakes at $AU1695 production stopped

Check out the dude in the middle!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall that tri-star was/is bringing in some that were made in the P.R.C. I hope they were/are better made than the 1897s that Tri-star was bringing in!!!

Posts: 89 | Location: south central kansas | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you think we will see them Oz eventually ?? I would have liked to have purchased one of the lever shotguns and myself and friend had planned to do so as replacement for our pump actions

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hawaiian_Hunter
posted Hide Post
Not a bad price when you consider all the custom work included.
http://www.coyotecap.com/sales.htm

Posts: 158 | Location: Moku Manu, Hawai'i | Registered: 23 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great price considering originals sell for nearly double. I wonder if these handle low base shells rather than having to load black-powder.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote