THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    looking for help with marlin 1893 carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for help with marlin 1893 carbine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all, looking for some advice on how to fix two issues with a Marlin 1893 carbine 38-55.

First problem is the front barrel band does not hold tight to the barrel. The result is that the mag tube swings from side to side with light pressure. I would prefir that it did not do this. The pin or screw that runs between the barrel and mag tube on the front barrel band is also hammered very flat on both sides. I am not sure how I would get it out if I needed to, short of drilling it.

The other problem is that the screw in the rear barrel band is broken. I have never had to remove a broken screw, so I dont know where to start....?

I would like to resolve these problems so that I can give it a complete dissasebly cleaning. I also beleive that the loose front barrel band could hinder accuracy. I would appreaciate any advice you folks have to offer. Thank you.

Posts: 97 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 06 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Before you spend too much "time and bother" on it, what kind of accuracy does it get NOW?

BTW, are you SURE that's a carbine? From this vantage point, guessing by the amount of barrel not covered by the forend, it looks as if it MIGHT be a rifle not a carbine. What IS the barrel length?

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want the wobbles fixed a skilled smith with a milling machine can drill the damaged screws out and replace them without touching anything else.
An unskilled gun hacker will deface your rifle beyond repair.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote