New
Find
Notify
Tools

307 and 356 AE Winchesters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just for grins, I've been wanting the 307 and/or 356 Winchester. Neither sold very well when they came out, so they are not that easy to come by. I found a 307 for $330, but declined to buy it because of the cracked stock. What do these normally go for?

Posts: 529 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
In excess of $450...often, over $550. Sometimes clear up to $70O. Of course, that's in 98% or better condition with no cracks in the stock....

I've heard of folks buying them cheaper, but I haven't SEEN ANY at lower prices.

.356's seem more common on their very small market, so naturally the .307s are often the higher priced of the two chamberings.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It also depends what part of the country you live in. I live on the California coast and Big Bore winchesters are not is much demand. I've seen the 375 and 356 go for from $375 to $425.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdown:
It also depends what part of the country you live in. I live on the California coast and Big Bore winchesters are not is much demand. I've seen the 375 and 356 go for from $375 to $425.

Yes, me too, but not recently. And the .307 Win (which is rather rare) usually sells for a MUCH different price than the .375 Winchester, which is NOT rare.

(Bought my own .356 for $425, too, but that was three years ago, and even then a .307 was at least $125 more expensive.)

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the 307's sell for, but for some reason I have about 80 rounds of unfired 307 brass if anyone wants to take them off my hands!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
Seems these guns are pretty much worth what someone's willing to give for them. The wide variation in prices shows that. Right now there's a "like new" .356 on Guns America for $599. There's a "like new" .307 on Auction Arms at $501 with 28 bids and a day to go. I've got a number of the Big Bores and AE's from 7-30 - thru .444 (all are either NIB or 99%+). I gave anywhere from $300 to $800, depending on the caliber. Generally speaking, the .444's (newer) and .375's (most common) will be the less expensive. Next up the price ladder, .307's and .356's are comparably dear. The Waters (24" checkered rifle) is considerably more money.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
In 2004, I walked into a country gunshop here in Ohio and bought a Winchester 94 in .307 for the princely sum of $199.00 +tax. It had 8 small dings in the stock from hunting and the blue was 98% with just the area where the scope mounts attaching having wear. Ohio is a shotgun only hunting state so rifles generally go at a very low asking price.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
I don't know what the 307's sell for, but for some reason I have about 80 rounds of unfired 307 brass if anyone wants to take them off my hands!

Just as a bit of side comment-

I have several friends who use standard .308 and .358 rimless ammo in their .307 and .356 Winchester rifles. Seems to function just fine for them, including ejecting fired rounds.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Alberta Canuck,

Yeah, I know those particular rifles don't require rimmed cases....I just thought someone might want something I'm not using.

Good hunting,

Andy

Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jabradyjr
posted Hide Post
ACRecurve, I could sure use that brass for my 307 Winchester. PM me! I sure appreciate it!

jabradyjr

If the only tool you have is a hammer, then all of your problems look like nails.

Posts: 115 | Location: St. Louis, MO. | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
jabradyjr,

You have a PM.

Good hunting,

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
and bought a Winchester 94 in .307 for the princely sum of $199.00 +tax.

cheers

Congratulations, you did great.

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poohgyrr:
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
and bought a Winchester 94 in .307 for the princely sum of $199.00 +tax.

cheers

Congratulations, you did great.

Yes, you done good!! I'd take all the .307's I could get my hands on for $199.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACRecurve:
Alberta Canuck,

Yeah, I know those particular rifles don't require rimmed cases....I just thought someone might want something I'm not using.

ACRecurve - was not trying to "dis" your offer. I thought it was very decent of you. It is always nice to have cases with the correct headstamp. I just mentioned that for folks who can't get any of the "right" stuff.

Best wishes.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Alberta Canuck,

Thanks for your explanation. I did take your comments the wrong way and I apologize. Guess I've been reading too much of the PVT nonsense on one of the other forums and am a bit edgy. Found a home for the brass, though. Best wishes back at ya!

Good hunting,

Andy