Find
Notify
Tools

lyman tang sight
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
anyone hear use a lyman no. 2 tang sight on there marlin. i just ordered one to replace my williams peep sight on my marlin 336 35 remington.

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes Sir, you can get them form Brownells (the new ones) called the Improved mod. 2..

You can also get a Lyman no. 21 from Buffalo Arms, 208-263-6953 here in Idaho, also for the Win. mod. 86 and 1886s as well as the 94 and 92s. now that's a dandy are requires no drill and tap.

Based on the above if I Had it to do all over I would opt for the Buffalo Arms Lyman mod. 21, Always has been a better design. 208-263-6953...

My old 25-35 shot 2.5 inches with factory irons, it now shoots about an inch average with the Lyman that's substantial.

The peep is close to the eye by design, so be careful with steep uphill shot as the damn thing has been known to punch out eyes in big bores because as you point it uphill, the closer it brings the peep stem to the eye. The steeper the hill the closer..

A problem with the newer Lyman Improved if that's what you can call it is it has two stems (peep) one long range and the other short range, because the long stem hits the comb or the stock, the unit will not lay flat with either the long stem or short stem, that sucks, stupid bean counters for engineers..The older Lyman tang will lay flat, but it has no windage, duh!! Also WHY THE LONG STEM FOR LONG RANGE SHOOTING, The mod. 94 is not a long range rifle in any caliber made, guess the bean counting engineers have never shot a gun..Its stupidiy at it highest degree..

But all is not lost, call Lyman and ask for a mod 2 that will lay flat and has windage..I did and got one.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41973 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote