New
Find
Notify
Tools

wish list
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
on my wish list a company that would fianly do limited runs of left handed big bore lever rifles heck even a left handed 30-30 would be nice iv had 3 right handed levers and sold them all i just cant bring my self to use a wrong handed rifle not to mention i dont like having any kind of ejection prt right in front of my face...

1 day maybe 1 day

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
can you say winchester 1894, 1886, 1895 or 1892, Top ejection is the solution to your problem

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
What Buckeye said +1
I shot my 1886, 1892, and 1895 lefthanded for a few years while my right eye recovered from retina operations. Now I can shoot them right or left handed.
Give one a try and see how natural it feels.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I’m a lefty. All I can say is, get over it. It’s a right-handed world. Even Bill Ruger was left-handed and wasn’t the driving force behind Ruger making a left handed bolt action. I don’t know about you, but I’m not handicapped because I have to use a right-handed gun (except for those stupid right-handed pistol grips and thumbhole stocks).

I don’t feel left-handed people need to come under the protection of the ADA act.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
I’m not handicapped because I have to use a right-handed gun (except for those stupid right-handed pistol grips and thumbhole stocks).

I too am a southpaw and I don't have any problems at all shooting my right hand eject Marlin 1895. I'd rather have that and the ability to properly mount a scope than a top eject model. It's something you get used to.

I do have to laugh about thumbhole stocks. I took a WW1 Mauser action, had it cleaned and trued up, had a custom .25-06 barrel made, installed a MUCH better trigger and put the whole thing into a laminated wood, thumbhole stock, in LEFT-HAND!

My son looked at it and said, "What am I supposed to do with this when you're dead? I can't shoot the gun this way!!!" LOL

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
put the whole thing into a laminated wood, thumbhole stock, in LEFT-HAND!
My son looked at it and said, "What am I supposed to do with this when you're dead? I can't shoot the gun this way!!!" LOL

It’s fun to mess with right-handed people’s heads isn’t it. Big Grin

PS
700 nitro,

My post above is not meant to be anything other than “I” gave up on the idea of left-handed guns a long time ago. Besides, right-handed guns are easier for the wife to sell after I die off.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MickinColo:
quote:
put the whole thing into a laminated wood, thumbhole stock, in LEFT-HAND!

It’s fun to mess with right-handed people’s heads isn’t it. Big Grin

PS
700 nitro,

My post above is not meant to be anything other than “I” gave up on the idea of left-handed guns a long time ago. Besides, right-handed guns are easier for the wife to sell after I die off.

Especially with a right hand bolt action in a left hand stock. People that have looked at it try to shoulder it right handed, then look all confused when they try to grip the stock. THEN, when I explain, they try to shoulder it properly on the left shoulder and they look like they're suddenly retarded or something....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah i basicly gave up a while back on the idea of a left handed lever so i use left handed bolt actions instead i still wont use a right handed gun.

shooting right handed isnt a option as i dont have a right eye i lost it in a accident

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Don't be discouraged as a left hander. When we moved to Kalifornia when I was a kid, the school system made me convert from being left handed at everything, to being a right hander.

Now I sign my name right handed, shoot a rifle right handed, pitch and bat left handed, deal cards left handed, and play tennis with either...no backhand shots for me; confuses the heck out of opponents.

Anyway, Kalifornia doing that convinced me that the old saying is true:

"Nuerologists confirm - Only left-handed people are functioning in their right minds!"

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Nuerologists confirm - Only left-handed people are functioning in their right minds!"
I like that. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Did you know the whole world is born left-handed? And you remain that way until you commit your first sin.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. dancing
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote