THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Just bought an 1894 Marlin in 45 long colt
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just bought an 1894 Marlin in 45 long colt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
and I love it. I couldn't stop shooting it! It was great fun! 150 rounds in about 2 hours shooting at steel plates at 50, 70 and 90 yards. Great fun and suprisingly accurate. Mine has the 24" octagon barrel. I wanted a heavier gun.

The sights did strain my old eyes a bit. Anyone know if there is a Cowboy action legal peepsight available that I can install that doesn't require drilling and tapping?

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1977 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had my 20" .44 Mag 1894 for several years now and have to say it's a favorite for hikes and around my little ranch it's a constant companion in my truck. It's trim and light and holds 10 rounds! It saved my butt in an encounter with a Mtn Lion a few years ago so it's got some sentimental value now too.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

I'm just getting into CAS and I'm told you can only use tang mounted peeps. My local smith and CAS expert uses a full buckhorn as a "ghost ring". I just put a Marble on this evening and it seems just fine. I'll try sighting it in tomorrow and see how I like it.

I have a .44 mag and a .357 mag....both great guns!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote