THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    OVERALL QUALITY ND ACCURACY OF LATE MODEL BLR'S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OVERALL QUALITY ND ACCURACY OF LATE MODEL BLR'S
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
title asks it all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had older ones and the newer ones and as for function, accuracy, see no difference. Did buy one of the Shot Show versions '08 and it is a very well done rifle w/ Gr V wood and silver/stainless finish. In reality the BLR's are combo of traditional levergun and modern features such as the detachable magazine, rotary head bolt lock up and magnum calibers. As for criticism, I don't care for the magnum or long action versions only that they seem to be out of proportion, but that is just me. The triggers are not the best, but with practice not an issue. Understand some 'smiths can tune them, but have always left mine the way they were and the one I have in 308 will give 1.25 moa at 100yds for 5 shot groups which is not bad for a sporting rifle.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote