THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Re: Marlin 1895 GS guide gun 45-70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Marlin 1895 GS guide gun 45-70
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thanks Cordell
As Bigbore has not replied in the bigbore forum or to my pm I will post my 2 replies to him here. My intention was to be helpful not to tell him to go away.

FIRST POST
Bigbore
this is the wrong forum to ask these questions, you will likely be flamed for talking about 45/70 on this one.

You should repost your Q on the levergun forum on this site or go over to leversixgunner and ask there. Here are the links

Accurate loading levergun forum

Leversixguns forum

SECOND POST
I didn't mean to offend bigboresixguns nor did I mean for him to delete his thread.
Yes the 45/70 is a bigbore, you will note that in what do you own I do own a 45/70(for the moment soon to be 50-110)
What I should have said is that he was more likely to get more answers in the levergun forum or on levergun site.
There have been a number of arguments in this bigbore forum about the 45/70 and was trying to also warn bigboresixguns.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold Vari-X 11 1-4X as well on my 1895GS. I have tried a 4X Burris Mini, Leupold Vari-X 111 2.5-8X, and a Leupold Vari-X 11 3-9. I find that the Leupold 1-4X is the best scope/size/magnification for this rifle/cartridge combinatiion.
Cam

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote