Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Model 39 Article 2
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted
I have a Marlin Model 39 Article II of which there were a total of approximately 10K made. The majority were in the 24" barrled rifle version with curved grip and lever and a smaller amount (about 4500 of the 10K) were made with an 18" barrel and a straight grip and lever. I also have a copy of the catalog listing them. Does anybody out there have one of the straight gripped versions?

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Mountie 1959.

Posts: 6487 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a straight grip one that is marked as "carbine". Holds 11 long rifles (I think). Also has a half magazine.

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anybody out there have one of the straight gripped versions?

I guess I should have added, "To trade for?" The Article II has an enameled badge on the right side of the receiver, below the ejection port.
This isn't too good of a picture.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Moonshot
posted Hide Post
I have friend who has several vintage lever action rifles that he never does anything with except complain about not having any room for more firearms. I'll do some research and get back.

Posts: 68 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon  | Registered: 20 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Moonshot
posted Hide Post
Checked his safe and no Marlins at all.

Posts: 68 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon  | Registered: 20 August 2009Reply With Quote