THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    New Hexagonal Sights for Lever guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hexagonal Sights for Lever guns
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have experience with these new Hexagonal Sights by Jim Brockman?

They're the second from last item on this page:
http://www.brockmansrifles.com/other_access.asp
Hunter 308
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HexSite System Front Sight HexSite System Rear Sight

HexSite Express Sight System - (Patent 413,645 & Pending) The HexSite is a new and unconventional set of sights. The HexSite is perhaps the ultimate dangerous game express sight in the world. It is completely non-traditional. The shooter looks through the sight, not at them.

This allows the shooter to concentrate fully on the target, not on the sights and the target, like traditional express sights. Target acquisition and first shot hits are 25% faster and more accurate on average.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A mate of mine got me onto a similar thing for my 30-30, as with my glasses on I can't see the front bead, and with them off I can't see the target. I use a normal round peep at the back, and a peep shaped like a little tunnel at the front. I think the front "ring" allows 3 or 4ft circle at 100 yards, then you see a "ghost" ring, then unlimited visability.

Our eyes are supposed to be able to find the centre of a circle easly.
The only problem I have had is with smallish game at some distance, I think I have a bad habit of "framing" the whole animal instead of picking a point to aim at. But then I'm not over bright.
It's realy only the two peep system used on long range bullseye targets. Must be they are going to patent the hex bit.
John L>

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote