THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    How Do I Tell If My 30-30 Is A Carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Do I Tell If My 30-30 Is A Carbine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to replace the sites on this piece.I am considering getting the TRU-GLO fiber optics or the Millet Sites.

The TRU-GLO's will not fit (according to the Midway catalog discription) on the Win.94 carbine.My gun is a "Ranger".I bought it NIB in 1986 (if that helps identify it)Will these sites fit my gun or do I need to get the Millet Sites.
I am replacing the factory sites as they are getting tough to see in low-light.

Also,would like your opinion on these two open sites.Which would you get? (If the TRU-GLO's will fit)

Both of these sites are listed on page 670 of the Midway Master Catalog #32.

I will be away killing ducks 'til Friday.The wife needs X-mas gift ideas soon.She will check this post while I am away so she can hopefully order them and beat the last minute X-mas rush.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I think the difference is between rifles that have a ramp front and those that have a dovetail for the front sight. The tru-glows fit on the ramp and have to be altered to fit on the dovetail guns.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Buckeye is spot on I believe.

Posts: 4 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote