THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Winchester Ltd. Edn. 1886 45-70 or 45-90
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Ltd. Edn. 1886 45-70 or 45-90
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,

I've been thinking of buying one, but the last few recently produced Winchesterst that I've seen were Sh_t! Wood, metal, everything...

Does anybody know what quality these ones are in? Are they made any better than say the rubbish quality Win. 1895 .405's?

Cheers,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on now... Somebody has to have had a look at one of these. I don't want to buy one in the dark and find out it is sh_t like the rest of their new stuff...

Cheers,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 45/90 got it from show in York PA made in Japan with Winchester Name on it ! shoots like a lazer with Midway JHP/300GR.using Hodgton T/7/3F .100 crush load Fed 215 Mag Primers Starline Brass, as for wood fit and metal work ! I have no complaints ! I have same bullets loaded with IMR 3031 ready for testing but have not been to range to try this load , don't waste your time with lead ! mine won't shoot lead for S--T ! 405/GrFP from National Bullet Co.No groups at all from lead at 50 yards .Jacketed shot same hole 3 in one hole , at 50 YDS, 100 YDS figure 8 on 2 blts and one .100 off edge of the other 2 at 12 o'clock , I love my rifle !

Posts: 497 | Location: PA | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
As mentioned, quality leaves something to be desired on these latest renditions from Winchester via Japan. Might want to consider the Browning versions made some twenty years ago in Japan for they were about as quality as you can find. Don't believe they came in 45/90, but again, 45/70 will do about anything you want it to do. Of course an original would be nice, but scarce and quite pricey these days. I own couple of the Brownings and could not be more pleased.