New
Find
Notify
Tools

New BLR Takedown
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was able to get out this weekend with my new BLR Takedown 325 WSM. It broke in nicely, with copper fouling diminshing after 10 rounds. Shot two 10 shot ladders, one with H414 and Nosler Partitions, one with IMR4350 and TSX's. It looks like it will easily do 1.5" groups with the TSX'x. Not bad for a scout set-up and a 2.5x Leupold. My only complaint is the very heavy and creapy trigger. Does anyone know if this particular trigger assembly is amenable to improvement? I understand that this action is a challenge to reassemble.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brice, I'm not sure of the difference in the takedown, but in the standard model BLR a trigger job can be done by a competent smith, and it makes a HUGE difference.

Good Luck!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Fish. I called my gunsmith, Ed Lapour, a ACGG member. He agreed to work on the trigger, but he said, "Only because it's you." (I'm a good customer.) I guess the re-assembly of the BLR is a challenge.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I don't understand , is why the take down browning can't be a switch barrel. never liked the looks of the browning levers but If I could switch between .270 and .35 whelen it would get a bunch cooler quick...tj3006

freedom1st

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with TJ. Why can't they be? They headspace...well, it's built into the barrel and they lock-the same. I would love to find out if you can take a 450 Marlin front an put it on a LA 300 or 7mm and make a 458WinMag. Would be a spectacular dangerous game rifle!

-Extremist
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Instructor
Victory in life is dying for what you were born to do.
"I hope you live forever" -300
"Never judge an enemy by his words, he might turn out to be a better shot then a writer"
http://www.gscustomusa.com

Posts: 213 | Location: Auburn, IN | Registered: 16 April 2008Reply With Quote