THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Price check, pls: Browning '71 .348...NEW in orig. box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price check, pls: Browning '71 .348...NEW in orig. box
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one of these....mint/new/unfired in original Browning packaging and box. Apparently, they were made only in 1987 (?). ....built just like original Win., with half-cock safety.
Can any of you AR gurus suggest a possible selling price, such that I can consider selling it? Thanks!!!
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last one I bought was a rifle version NIB, they made a short barreled carbine version as well, but paid 800.00 for it. That was some 10 years or so ago and today a rifle would bring something in the 1000.00 to 1400.00 range. Some ask more, but believe transaction price in range I show. High Grades bring considerable more, but a hunter not likely to be looking for one of those unless he just wanted the "fancy" version. They are excellent rifles and the handling/balance is second to none levergun wise in my opinion. If you do establish a selling price, would be interested in talking with you about it. Put me at the top of the list!! Is yours a rifle or carbine version??

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MFD's price suggestion is very close, and I agree with his opinion regarding handling/balance. They made fewer rifle versions than carbine/short rifle versions, which may command a slight premium for the rifle version. The Browning 71 is second to none among magazine tube lever guns IMHO.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a new one 6 months ago, carbine version for 899.00 and they had the rifle version too for the same price. I took the carbine for hunting here in the PA woods. Yes, they are fine rifles.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote