Find
Notify
Tools

33 wcf sticking cartrige
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted
I have a 33 wcf that was my great grand fathers. I am going to take it on a bear hunt in a month to northern alberta. I ordered some amo from gads custom in wisconsin. When i fire the gun the cartrige sticks in the chamber. It takes a fair amount of energy to extract it. there is a slight cratering on the primer. and the case is burnished about a quarter of an inch above the rim all the way to the neck. Is my head space off? Are the loads too heavey for the gun? 200grain hawk bullets not sure on the powder. The gun was manufactured in 1913 and has not been used much. My graet grand father purchased it for home protection in the twentys. Accuracy is fantastic. Need a little advice.

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I might have it checked out by a local gunsmith. Hopefully, you will find out that the loads are a tad hot, but I would guess getting the chamber checked first would be the safe thing to do.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The .33WCF is sensitive to powderchoice. I have loaded that cartridge for some time. Ofcouse your brass needs to be in correct size/length.

Reloading manuals says IMR3031 which I then converted to Norma 201, because I didn`t the american powder. Even with soft loads the gun had a stcky extraction. When I went to Normas 202, everything perfect.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote