Find
Notify
Tools

Re: winchester 88
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Dave-

There is a gentleman that works at Fieldsport in Traverse City, Michigan that used to work for Rouge River Rifle. He knows the 88's well. His name is Del Whitman. The phone number for them is (231) 933-0767. I love the 88's, and hope to find a "beater" some day that I can have him rebarrel and custom stock....

I also had great luck with getting the trigger adjusted on my dad's 88 from a guy named Lyle McGregor. He works at Dick Williams Gun Shop in Saginaw, Michigan. He is an old friend of mine and does great work. (He built me a custom 280 Rem. on an Argentine 1909 action.) Unfortunately, I have misplaced the phone number. If you try information, it is Dick Williams Gun Shop, located on Cole Road. Sometimes the operator will confuse them with the Williams Gun Sight company that is located in the same region.

Hope this helps.

Brian K
"Jasper243"

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 19 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was in touch with Dave Yale a few days back. He doesn't do this kind of work but suggested Brockman Rifles as a possibility. Let's try this: I'm gonna guess it will cost over $100,000 US. You know it's gonna be lower, right?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote