THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Winchester M95 405 Win. load info needed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester M95 405 Win. load info needed.
 Login/Join

posted
I'm now the proud owner of an M95 Winchester in Teddy's "Big Medicine" 405Win. Load info's hard to find . I got 100 new brass and 300gr bullets to try. (they came with gun). This is a new Model Winchester M95, any help would be appreaciated.

Posts: 41 | Location: South-central Ohio ,USA | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Start at 51 grains of IMR3031, work up to a max of 54 grains......shoots fine in my original, new jap mdl 95, and the Ruger #1's.
~Arctic~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Piebald
Welcome to AR and the adventures of the Winchester 95, 405.
Ass Clown has done a lot of research loading for this rifle and caliber, up in Large bore and as I remember Hunting Africa.
I'm treating my 95 as a cast bullet only rifle. I had Mountain molds make me a 350 GC'd grain bullet. I've worked my through the testing with IMR 4064, starting IMR 4895 and IMR 3031.
This little rifle is a lot of fun.
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote